Sporadic



Wow, that was an unexpectedly lengthy absence. Sorry about that everyone; life just seems to be getting in the way of my entire blogging experience right now. I haven't been keeping up with my reading, with my commenting, and clearly not with my own blogging. I'm afraid the sporadic posting will continue for some time to come, because although I've finally wrapped everything up at my old job I'm now busy getting settled in at the new one, and Mark and I are furiously working away getting everything ready for our new rental apartment. But things are progressing nicely, and it sure does feel great to be in a job that I'm excited and hopeful about. It doesn't hurt that we're into our most glorious weather here in SF right now, so I'm enjoying days of bare limbs and sandals at last.

This outfit is a few weeks old now, but I'm happy to finally post it because it was an instant favorite. The knotted cardigan over the A-line dress has a classic 50's shape, but the bold black and red, bandage-style tights and studded boots give it a modern edge. This outfit was inspired by Prabal Gurung's fall RTW line, but it feels much more casual and easy to wear. I liked this outfit so much that I wore it that evening for girls' night out. I liked how the shiny silver necklace just peeks out at the edges of the cardigan, so as not to distract too much from the contrasty red and black.

Thanks for hanging in there as I get my life settled down again!

Dress: J. Crew
Cardigan: Express
Tights: Wolford
Boots: All Black
Necklace, earrings: Ambiance on Haight Street
Bangles: Amrita Singh